Are you a front-line worker serving immigrants and refugees?
Would you like to learn innovative techniques that will enhance your capacity to serve clients with mental health and trauma needs?
OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigratns in partnership with St. Michael’s Hospital is pleased to offer Intermediate Trauma-Focused Care: A Training for Settlement Workers Serving Refugees
The training will help you to:
- Increase knowledge about the specific mechanisms of trauma
- Improve competency with identification and assessment
- Use a specialized Tool-Kit to facilitate support
- Increase your strategies in managing individuals in need
- Provide structured referrals to reduce waiting-time for specialists
Registration deadline: January 10, 2017 (or once registration fills up).
Please register here
NOTE: This training is best suited to settlement workers with some pre-existing knowledge of or training in mental health and trauma.
Space is limited, and we will endeavour to provide equal opportunity to all agencies in the area.
All participants who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion from OCASI.
For more information, please email Sanaa Ali-Mohammed at email@example.com
Funded by Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration