This free interactive webinar hosted by the Ontario Ministry of Labour in collaboration with the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade’s Global Experience Ontario (GEO) on Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Are you an internationally trained professional, who is an immigrant to Ontario or will be moving there, shortly?
There are important workplace rights and responsibilities that you should know.
In this webinar, you will learn about your right:
- To be treated fairly at work
- To work in a safe and healthy workplace
- To be trained to deal with workplace hazards
- To join a trade union
Those, and other rights, are protected by the following laws:
- Employment Standards Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Pay Equity Act
- Labour Relations Act
How to Join the webinar:
- To register for a webinar, please click on the “Find GEO webinars” button in the “Work in your profession or trade” section of the Ontario government website.