Do you have refugee clients whose mental health you're concerned about? Don't know how to approach them? Unsure of how referrals can be made?
OCASI - ONTARIO COUNCIL OF AGENCIES SERVING IMMIGRANTS
In partnership with CCVT and Hong Fook Mental Health Association
Is pleased to offer a 2-day, in person
Refugee Mental Health and Trauma Training
WHEN: Monday January 23 and Tuesday January 24, 2017
TIME: 9:00am - 4:30pm both days
VENUE: CultureLink Settlement and Community Services
Program Room AB
ADDRESS: Suite 301, 2340 Dundas St. West, Toronto ON, M6P 4A9
The purpose of the training is to:
- Increase knowledge of mental health issues and migration
- Increase awareness of the significance of early identification of mental health issues and coping strategies
- Increase knowledge of culturally competent approaches
- Understand the impact of trauma
- Increase knowledge of compassionate communication
- Increase awareness of self-care as service providers
Please register here
NOTE: The maximum number of participants for the workshop is 30, and we will endeavor to provide equal opportunities for all the agencies in the area.
This training is being offered in Toronto and is open to participants from the Peel and Halton regions.
This is 2-day training and it is very important that you are available to participate both days. A Certificate of Completion will be provided to those participants that attend both days in full.
For more information contact Sanaa Ali-Mohammed at