COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
This position provides short term and long term mental health interventions and clinical counselling to individuals, couples and groups within the Arabic speaking refugee community in Greater Toronto Area.
- Facilitates intake and conducts mental health psycho social assessments
- Provides crisis intervention
- Provides short term Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioural Treatment
- Develops and implements a short term treatment plan
- Provides individual, couples and family counselling to Arabic and English speaking individuals, couples and families experiencing personal, emotional or mental health problems
- Develops and implements men’s mental health counselling services to address the unique issues and challenges that affect refugee men
- Facilitates group counselling
- Develops and implements a men’s support program to focus on settlement stress, emotional, and behavioural issues unique to Refugee men’s experiences and mental health issues
- Facilitates a support group for refugee men
- Conduct off site clinical visits
- Facilities psycho educational workshops on stress management, anxiety, depression and trauma
- Makes referrals to appropriate health/mental health and social service agencies
- Liaises with other organizations and service providers
- Enters statistical client data in COSTI’s client database and prepares quarterly report
- BSW or equivalent with one-year clinical counselling experience
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating refugee men’s group counselling with a focus on men’s mental health and their unique issues
- Sound culturally competent clinical skills
- Ability to communicate in Arabic is essential
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of mental health disorders, treatments and psycho social interventions
- Knowledge of Trauma theory and recovery
- Knowledge of refugee mental health issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing refugees and immigrants
- Must have access to a vehicle.
This is a full time non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Duration: September 25, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
Starting salary range: $30.90 to $33.26 per hour
Location: 1700 Wilson Avenue, Toronto
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference #118-17 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.