Somali Immigrant Aid Organization is a non-profit organization committed to addressing the immigration, education, health, social, cultural, and economics development needs of Somali-Canadians and other immigrants in Canada, through its program and services.
We're currently seeking a Care for Newcomers (CNC) Lead. This is full time contract position until June 30, 2018. Successful candidate will be expected to start ASAP.
The Lead CNC Staff is responsible for the day to day operations of the LINC CNC Program provided by SIAO and also for the children and the environment in which they are in. They must also critically ensure the health and safety of each individual child and be sensitive to their unique cultural heritage and values.
The Lead CNC Staff ensures that services are provided with care, compassion with utmost professionalism and responsible for enabling adoption of best practices in service delivery. The Lead CNC Staff supports the children in attaining the goals set out for the LINC program and promotes the program to the community. The CNC Lead Staff is also responsible for monitoring supplies and resources.
- Provides updates to the Program Coordinator
- Ensures that program plans accommodate the values, customs and traditions of the participants
- Plans purchases for the program including groceries, toys, furniture, kitchen & washroom supplies and materials for child activities
- Posts appropriate information and posters in program area
- Registers new participants in CNC program
- Maintains required records including registration forms, immunization records, terms and conditions
- Prepares accident and incident reports
- Monitors and ensures that program activities and the staff's approach to clients with in line SIAO values
- Ensures complaints from clients and the community are addressed in a timely manner and recorded according to SIAO’s policies and procedures
- Prepares and sets up sensory activities for children
- Assists the CNC Staff in preparing and assisting children for indoor, outdoor activities and housekeeping duties
- Ensures that supply staff are available at all times
- Communicates with parents about their children, provides instructions to new participants
- Responds to enquiries from parents, C.M.A.S case workers and college instructors for ECE students
- Assists in inspecting and maintaining toys, play areas and playground for safety hazards once a month
- Responsible for implementing SIAO’s health & safety policies and procedures in the CNC program space
- The minimum level of education preferred is a Community College Diploma in Early Childhood Education and registered with the college of ECE in good standing condition.
How to apply:
Please send resume and covering letter, by e-mail, no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 29, 2017 to:
Somali Immigrant Aid Organization
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.