JobStart, a nonprofit agency serving the GTA since 1980, provides a range of employment, mentoring, training and settlement services to a diverse group of job seekers including adults, internationally trained professionals, newcomers to Canada, persons with disabilities, women, youth and students at three locations in Toronto. We also provide a range of recruitment services for employers. Our Mission: JobStart empowers clients and employers to maximize their potential through participation in a variety of career and personal growth programs and services.
Purpose of the Job:
To facilitate the improvement of service coordination that supports the execution of the Strategic Plan for the TWLIP. The Facilitator will participate in the implementation of the TWLIP settlement strategies and the development of the process and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the program. This position is to promote the full utilization of settlement and employment services by newcomers, and to enhance coordination between service providers in their execution of client service processes, community development, communications and public awareness and education. The facilitator is also to promote the TWLIP by working in collaboration with partners, residents, community partners and businesses throughout the catchment area; and to organize community events with various community stakeholders to disseminate settlement information. The incumbent will ensure goals and objectives are met by: the timely completion of all assigned contractual outcomes, flexibility and responsiveness to stakeholders, high customer satisfaction, and co-ordination of activities with community partners.
Supervisor: Manager, Programs and Services
- Participate in the implementation of the Toronto West LIP strategic plan through active and effective communication and engagement with newcomer residents, service providers, employers, institutions, and other stakeholders living and working in the community
- Facilitate the Toronto West LIP Action Groups by supporting the development and implementation of Action Group work plans through event planning and other initiatives
- Collaborate with Toronto quadrant LIPs and Toronto Newcomer Office to plan and deliver various city-wide initiatives, including the Toronto Newcomer Council
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing partners and networks through excellent marketing, public relations and presentation skills; conduct outreach activities in various locations throughout the catchment area
- Provide input to support JobStart and the Toronto West LIP by: providing analysis of settlement and labour market services for immigrants; ensuring delivery of exemplary customer service and performance measures to assess overall efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services, while maintaining a client centred focus; and working in partnership with stakeholders to achieve mandated deliverables
- Coordinate needs assessments, focus groups, surveys to clients, employers and community partners to determine newcomer service requirements to alleviate settlement and integration challenges in the Toronto west region
- Participate in the development of performance measurement strategies
- Complete contractually required reports and other duties
- 2+ years experience in community engagement, event coordination, marketing and communications; understanding of cultural differences and barriers experienced by immigrants to successfully settle and integrate into the labour market
- A Degree in Immigration and Settlement, Community Development, Communications or related programs
- Familiarity with demographics, resources supporting newcomer integration and settlement and challenges in Toronto West
- Excellent presentation, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong research and analytical skills, experience in data collection, data analysis and program evaluation
- Advanced skills utilizing all Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel, knowledge of Wordpress is an asset
- A well-organized team player who is able to take initiative, manage change/transitions with the ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines and targets
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle as extensive travel is required within the GTA
Bargaining Unit Position – Full Time Temporary Contract
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (evening and weekend hours maybe required)
Approximate Start Date: December 4, 2017
Salary:$51,130 per annum (pro-rated)
Location: 41 Chauncey Avenue
How to apply:
Send Letter of Interest and Resume by November 17, 2017 to:
Yasmeen Tian, Manager, Programs and Services
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
JobStart welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. JobStart strives to represent the diversity of the community in our hiring practices.
Only those who meet the qualifications above will be considered for this position and invited to an interview. No phone calls please.