In support of the Centre for NFAMC mission and vision, and under direct supervision of the Executive Director/CEO, the Data Entry Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient data entry into specialized software systems. The critical functions of this position are to complete entry and submission of data according to the specifications and guidelines provided.
- Completes regular data entry for the Niagara Folk Arts Centre e-Data systems
- Collects and reviews departments’ regular data submissions; serves as quality control by identifying potential errors and seeking resolution
- Designs new spreadsheets or systems for data collection as needed; troubleshoots spreadsheet and other data-related issues as they arise
- Maintains data integrity within internal databases and systems, conducting data clean-up as directed
- Ensure the security and sensitive handling of confidential information
- Maintains speed in data entry, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Works collaboratively with the coordinators of all departments on data collection for reports and grant request submissions. Designs formats and processes for tracking promised outcomes/goal attainment for funded projects/departments
- Responsible for the integrity of the information submitted to e-Data. Produces and reviews reports regularly and works with staff to resolve error reports, missing information and other issues
- Provides training on data submission to new staff members, volunteers and placement students and coordinates training on data entry, as needed
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- Generates reports, stores completed work in designated locations and performs backup operations
- Scans documents and print files, when needed
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions
- Identity any issues related to database systems and consult with appropriate contacts to resolve issues
- Understands the importance use of data in reporting, planning and decision making within the organization
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education with some course work in technology-related subjects
- 1-2 years of work experience with data entry/management, reporting and compliance in a similar non-profit organization
- Knowledge and experience in various data collection tools and systems
- Must have computer expertise, especially with Microsoft Office Software (mainly Word and Excel) and relational database experience
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and to maintain a solution-oriented outlook
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication and time management skills.
- Post-Secondary Education with some coursework in data management and/or analysis a plus
- Three years of work experience with data management, reporting and compliance in a similar or related non-profit program environment
- Proficiency with Excel and Access software programs - familiarity with other database applications a plus.
Hours: 20 hours per week
How to Apply:
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 18, 2017 by 4:00 p.m. Apply ONLY by email to:
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.