The Toronto Workforce Innovation Group (TWIG), an independent, non-profit organization funded by the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) works with stakeholders to enhance Toronto’s competitive workforce. Through research and local partnerships TWIG identifies workforce development needs and opportunities and facilitates local solutions.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director supports the activities and mandate of the Board and is responsible for facilitating the development, implementation, and completion of partnerships, as well as developing a positive profile for the organization.
Planning Management and Research
- Oversee partnerships and projects and research activities
- Responsible for content of final reports
- Provide advice and oversight to staff and/or research consultants
- Oversee the development of TWIG’s local labour market plan, which provides an overview of Toronto’s workforce development opportunities and challenges
Leadership & Planning:
- Assist in the development of short and long-term strategic plan in collaboration with the board of directors
- Oversee the development and implementation of various management processes and systems and guarantee appropriate standards are maintained
- Lead the team with a collaborative and participative approach, leveraging the skills of the team in order to achieve organizational objectives
Human Resources Management:
- Provide direct supervision for of six (6) plus staff
- Promote an inclusive working environment where equity and diversity are supported.
- Assist in the preparation of a comprehensive annual budget
- Review financial statements and budgets and ensure sound accounting procedures are followed
- Provide comprehensive and regular financial reporting as required
- Collaborate with the Management Team to research funding sources, oversee the development of fund raising plans, and prepare/submit funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization.
- Prepare project proposals and work plans
Board Support/Management/Planning/ Administration
- Work with Executive Committee to develop agendas for Board meetings, retreats and AGM
- Prepare status /issues reports for Board meetings
- Support all board committees as required
- Monitor, manage and report on the progress of all board initiatives and projects
- Oversee preparation of all correspondences, proposals, etc.,
Build strong relationship with Funders/ sponsors/ partners
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with primary funders; Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, City of Toronto and others
- Identify new possibilities for partnerships and projects, in conjunction with Board Directors
- Develop new partnerships and support existing partnerships through regular contact, attendance at meetings and sharing of information
- Ensure all deliverables are met on time
- Ensure stability of the organization through the transition period.
- Strong knowledge of workforce development/employment and training issues and systems in Toronto
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience as a senior manager
- Extensive background in grant writing, organizational development and organizational capacity building
- Excellent understanding of equity, access and diversity issues in Toronto.
- Post-secondary degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and working for volunteer boards and with associations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, administrative, supervisory, and financial management abilities
- Strong commitment to community development, collaboration, and outreach.
How to Apply:
Please email resumes to
The Toronto Workforce Innovation Group, c/o
Surranna Sandy, Vice Chair, Board of Directors
TWIG is committed to employment equity. We welcome candidates that represent the diversity of the city of Toronto.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.