The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for all HR operational and administrative tasks including support of HR programs, initiatives and services for Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre. The agency is a non-profit operating multiple programs with a staff of over 200 working at a number of sites in Mississauga East. The incumbent also supports the HR Officer.
- Recruitment: Assist with job descriptions, posting of jobs, pre-screening of candidates, setting up interviews, conducting reference checks, preparing offer letters and new hire orientation
- Payroll: Assist with bi-weekly payroll preparation including receipt and verification of timesheets, allocations, hours of work, pay calculations and reports, input, EHT recording, pay slip distribution, etc.
- Administration: Handle all administrative tasks including employee forms, copying, faxing, scanning, telephone inquiries etc.
- Maintain and update vacation and absence reports
- Maintain and update all employee files as well as HR records, as necessary
- Participate in and support HR training initiatives eg: WHMIS, annual declarations etc.
- Preparation of HR correspondence and letters
- Participate actively in the implementation of a new on-line HR platform that will transfigure and modernize this role
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Human Resources with 1 year HR or related work experience
- Previous experience with on-line payroll and HRIS systems preferred
- HR system implementation support experience a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Good planning and organizational skills with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to treat all matters with the highest level of confidentiality
- Excellent client service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy, open work environment
- Strong Microsoft Office, Email, Internet and Intranet skills.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter for reference no. 017-019 by September 21, 2017 to:
Human Resources Officer
Dixie Bloor Neighborhood Centre,
3650 Dixie Rd., Unit 103, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3V9
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided, as requested.
Thank you to all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.