Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit agency serving our local communities for over 32 years. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Under the guidance of the Manager – Human Resources, the incumbent will provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources department.
(but not limited to)
- Assist in recruitment, on-boarding, training, performance management and employee relations programs
- Support the semi-monthly payroll preparation
- Ensure that HR files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and the organization’s policies and procedures
- Assist with the collection of statistical information, preparation of meeting materials, document meeting minutes as needed
- Participate on the JHSC committee and assist JHSC representatives with their duties and responsibilities
- Assist with various HR initiatives and special projects as assigned
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a legal and ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all employee related information
- Other duties as assigned that support the agency
- Post-secondary diploma or degree program in Human Resources
- Working towards CHRP designation, with a minimum 2 – 3 years administrative experience, Human Resources preferred
- Working knowledge of employment legislation including: Human Rights, Employment Standards, Health & Safety, Accessibility and Privacy legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrated professionalism, judgement, and discretion in dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
- Strong sense of urgency, oral & written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to respond effectively to multiple and changing priorities by adapting and remaining flexible
- Ability to participate as an effective team member, supporting departmental/organizational goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to understand key initiatives and deliver results effectively and in a timely manner
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, and HRIS; experience with ADP WFN an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and proven ability to deal effectively with a diverse population
- Positive attitude; ability to take responsibility and be accountable; ability to deal with change in the workplace and be innovative; respect for others
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any one of the agency’s sites. Occasional travel may be required
- A Criminal Record Check will be required
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically by 12:00 p.m. on June 9th, 2017 to:
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Administrative Assistant – Human Resources - (insert your name)’
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve.
Indus Community Services is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Indus Community Services encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.