Afghan Women’s Organization is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. Our mission is to improve newcomers' quality of life and to promote their social and economic inclusion in order to enable them to become contributing members of society and to live in dignity.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the program including supervision of LINC Instructors, CNC (Care for Newcomer Children) staff, administrative staff and volunteers.
• Ensure effective implementation of program based on Canadian Language Benchmarks.
• Collect reports from instructors and prepare monthly narrative and statistical reports as well as the annual report to submit to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
• Coordinate with finance department to ensure all monthly financial commitments are met.
• Monitor Teaching and CNC staff that they adhere to Ontario LINC Curriculum Guidelines, Canadian Language Benchmarks and CMAS (Childminding Monitoring Advisory & Support) respectively.
• Evaluate staff's performance on a yearly basis and provide recommendations to management.
• Consult with Lead CNC staff regarding the development of the children’s program.
• Any other responsibility deemed necessary by the Executive Director for the effectiveness of the program.
• Holding TESL Ontario certification
• Minimum 3 years’ project management and staff supervision experience in a not-for-profit setting.
• Experience working with newcomers to Canada, strong understanding of barriers to social and economic participation of newcomers in Peel Region.
• Demonstrated experience in supervising and evaluating performance of employees.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
• Knowledge of iCARE and HARTS reporting is an asset
• Experience in convening and facilitating meetings.
To apply for the job please submit your cover letter and resume no later than January 20th 2017, 5:00 pm. to Adeena Niazi, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.