Centre for Immigrant and Community Services CICS is a registered charity with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative services. CICS’ vision is to have fully integrated newcomers who participate in and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our workforce culture is bound by our core values and guiding principles: Innovation, Caring & Compassion, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility, Integrity & Accountability, Quality & Excellence, Personal Touch, and Collaboration & Solidarity.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The LINC Program Manager is responsible for LINC program planning, development, delivery, PBLA implementation and monitoring, support and supervision of teachers, program administration, statistical and narrative reporting, achievement monitoring, as well as overall supervision of the Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program to ensure its compliance with LINC and CMAS guidelines.
- Plan, develop, evaluate and oversee all LINC Program activities; Ensure the effectiveness of program outreach, delivery; develop and implement outcome measures for program improvement and service enhancement
- Ensure program delivery in accordance with established standards and guidelines, including LINC Curriculum Guidelines, Canadian Language Benchmarks, PBLA Practice Guidelines, CNC program requirements, CLARs and iCARE reporting guidelines
- Manage team performance and direct day to day work of program staff
- Collaborate closely with York Region LINC Program and other units within CICS and external service providers to enhance program and service coordination for the benefit of LINC learners
- To monitor and manage the day to day program budget.
- A Canadian degree or equivalent in Education or related disciplines; current certification in Teachers of English as a Second Language Ontario (TESL Ontario); training and experience using PBLA methodology required; advanced Certificate of Education or Master’s Degree in Education is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of management experience, preferably LINC program management and demonstrated ability in child-minding service management in a non-profit setting
- Excellent understanding of cultural and social backgrounds of immigrants and refugees including settlement and integration issues
- Proven ability in program organization, community outreach; working with diverse cultures and all age groups
- Demonstrated leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Experienced in budget and resource management
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written proficiency in English, and proficiency in a second language used by clients is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in human resource management in a unionized environment an asset
- Ability to manage time, stress, and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform detailed planning, information analysis and report preparation
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid driver’s licence and use of car
- Proof of a “Vulnerable Sector Screening” with a local police service
Hours: 35 hours per week; may need to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays
Work Locations: CICS LINC Centres – 4002 Sheppard Ave East & Woodside Square Shopping Centre – 1571 Sandhust Circle
How to apply:
Please apply in confidence to the following email address by :00 p.m. on November 17, 2017. Applicant should quote Job # 53-17 LINC Program Manager and address the cover letter to:
The Hiring Committee
Email to: email@example.com
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. CICS provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, please.