Regent Park Community Health Centre (RPCHC) is a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and east downtown area of Toronto. RPCHC operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, housing assistance, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education for high school students, infant and child development programs, parenting education and family advocacy. We currently have the following opening on our Pathways to Education team: Pathways to Education Director.
The Director leads the Pathways to Education program which seeks to address barriers to success in high school by providing youth with social, academic and financial supports. As part of the Health Centre’s mission to foster community building and to work with the community in strengthening its approach to the socio-environmental determinants of health, the Director develops programs to address issues of access and equity to education and to address barriers that diminish health status. The Director is responsible for: overseeing the Pathways to Education program ensuring services are delivered within a client cent red framework; and for developing and maintaining partnerships to enhance the success of youth in the Regent Park Community.
As a member of the senior management team, the Pathways to Education Director plays a key role in contributing to the overall organizational leadership and goal achievement of the Regent Park Community Health Centre.
Required Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in health administration, education, or human services, or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years management experience as part of a senior team
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Experience in organizational planning, program and partnership development
- Strong written & verbal communication abilities including demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, research and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies/community development, research, health education, public policy, organizational change
- Knowledge of elementary, secondary and post-secondary educational systems
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Demonstrated commitment and practice of Anti-oppression principles
- Ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Regent Park area and issues affecting families living within the Regent and Moss Park communities.
One year contract, with possibility of renewal
Salary: $81,254 with benefits
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. September 18, 2017, to:
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas St. E.
Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
Regent Park CHC is committed to equity in our hiring and employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code as well as individuals with lived experience in the Regent Park community.
RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.