The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 220 community-based organizations in Ontario.
OCASI is looking for an experienced Senior IT Manager to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our organization. The position will be in charge of a team of IT professionals and manage the organization’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
OCASI’s IT projects include e-learning initiatives, several websites, internal organizational databases/frameworks and a customized client management system.
An excellent IT Manager is very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems. They will have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and strategy of the organization. Success in this position depends on the manager’s ability to think strategically while managing multiple IT projects that require high attention to detail.
- Accomplishes result by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and guiding employees; initiating, coordinating, and implementing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Source and coordinate the external funding revenues to manage program delivery; as a corollary, writing proposals and completing documentation to source out such funding.
- Liaise with funders and external partners and manage relationships with vendors.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience working as Manager of Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience;
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Knowledge of security standards, security architectures, risk assessment and management, business continuity planning and disaster recovery;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and delegating
- Experience managing teams of over 15 employees
- Ability to facilitate meetings and motivate team members
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with varied stakeholders including funders, member agencies, vendors, board members and staff
- Basic understanding of immigration trends and issues facing newcomers
- Commitment to OCASI’s values of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by October 19, 2017 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.