Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS) requires a Settlement Worker Mandarin and Cantonese Speaking.
- To outreach and deliver / facilitate settlement workshops based on developed materials to newcomers and their families
- To provide and support newcomer youth and families with information about resources and services in the school and community
- To establish partnership and work with external organizations to provide service to newcomers and their families
- To make referrals that help newcomers access education, settlement and community services
- To support newcomers and their families through individual interviews and organization of group sessions, support groups, or workshops on a wide range of settlement issues
- To plan, organize and facilitate group sessions on topics related to settlement
- To provide case management service to newcomers and their families
- To facilitate access to needed services and resources where there are barriers due to language, culture and race by providing interpretation or translation
- To keep and maintain client records in a timely and professional manner
- To prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical and progress reports as needed
- To keep the team updated on all new information and be alert in tracking changes in government policies and community resources in order to effectively inform and refer clients
- To establish and maintain excellent service quality for clients
- To establish and maintain excellent working relationship and communication with internal and external groups.
- Canadian University degree or equivalent, in Social Sciences or related discipline
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of working with diverse cultural and social backgrounds of immigrants and refugees
- Excellent understanding of settlement and integration issues of new immigrants in general
- Excellent group facilitation and outreaching skills; certified Information and Referral Specialist (CIRS) an asset
- Excellent knowledge of government and community resources
- Skilled in program organization and community outreach
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrated team work experience and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and deliver programs in different locations
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Flexible, willing to work in evenings and/or on weekends
- A negative result in Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid driver's license and use of car preferred
- Willing to travel in the GTA.
This is a Contract position until March 31, 2018
How to apply:
Please apply in confidence to address the covering letter and resume quote Job #41A - 17 Settlement Worker – Mandarin and Cantonese by 12:30 p.m. on September 22, 2017 to:
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in the position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.