Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS is seeking Summer Students to provide assistance to our programs.
- To deliver summer activities for at home women and seniors such as computer training, English Conversation Groups, information sessions
- To work with Public Health Department to deliver health related information sessions such as parenting, nutrition etc.
- To assist in developing basic computer training manual
- To compile settlement resources as discussion topic for the English Conversation group sessions
- To answer enquiry about the summer activities
- To promote and outreach the summer activities
- To prepare monthly statistic and report
- To provide clerical support
- Post-secondary education preferred; preference given to candidates in the following fields: Community and Social Services, Social Work or similar
- Criminal reference check
- Per funding requirements, these opportunities are open to students aged 15 – 30 years
- Must be as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Must be a student in secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team setting with colleagues, service participants and the general public
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Must commit to full contract duration
File Number: SS-2017-09
Number of Positions: 1
Duration & Hours: 12 weeks – from June 5 to August 28, 2017 (35 hours per week)
Rate of Pay: $11.25 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Location: 1200 Markham Road, Suite 503, Scarborough, ON. M1H 3C3
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter with resume, quoting the specific file # no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 28th, 2017 to:
Catholic Crosscultural Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.