Recorded on June 15, 2017, this webinar is for low-income people living in all areas of Ontario, people who work with them at various community-based groups and agencies, and interested anti-poverty advocates.
The Ontario government recently announced the details of its Basic Income Pilot Project, and low-income people living in the test areas will start being signed up soon.
In this wide-ranging and accessible webinar, participants will learn:
- What is a basic income program? How would one work? What is it for?
- Why do so many people from different political perspectives support basic income? What does this mean?
- What problems do people think basic income can solve? What are the opportunities and risks?
- How will the Ontario government’s pilot project work? And who will be able to participate?
- What are the implications of the pilot project, particularly for people on OW and ODSP?
- What impact could the pilot project have on how low-income people in Ontario get income supports and other benefits in the future?
- What can all of us do now?