Who can apply?
Any school, municipality or community group that is a registered Canadian charitable organization and who shares our vision of a more accessible and inclusive Canada. Check out our Eligibility Guidelines for a more detailed list of eligible and ineligible recipients. You can also search for your donee status on the CRA website.
How to Apply
- Prepare a project budget with one independent contractor quote;
- Obtain a letter of support from an independent third party (e.g., Mayor, city official, parent advisory council member, patron or member of the project space);
- Obtain a letter of approval from the building/property owner;
- Develop a plan and budget for your awareness event celebration; and
- Fill in and submit the online application form and include the supporting documents listed above as attachments.
Important Grant Reference Documents
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Evaluation Process and Assessment Criteria
- Application Instructions
- Application Form (PDF for reference purposes only. Only online application will be accepted)
- Terms & Conditions
- Letter of Support from Third Party - Template
- Letter of Support from Property Owner/Manager - Template
- September 19, 2016: Applications open.
- March 31, 2017: Final deadline to apply for Access4All accessibility improvement project and awareness event celebration funding.
- December 31, 2017: Accessibility infrastructure improvement portion of project must be completed.
- January 31, 2018: Awareness building event portion of project must be completed.
- February 28, 2018: Deadline to submit final project report to Rick Hansen Foundation.