The Innovation, Evidence and Capacity Building Fund (IEC Fund) is a new grant program (up to $100,000 for each approved proposal).
- The deadline to apply is May 26, 2017, 5 pm (EST)
- For additional information, including eligibility requirements, visithttp://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page15313.aspx.
- To receive a copy of the application form, email IECFund@ontario.ca
- The objective is to support short-term projects and initiatives lasting up to 12 months
- The proposals recommended for funding should:
- Increase sector capacity to manage change, develop new skills and/or take advantage of new opportunities
- Encourage evidence-based orientation and/or a culture of continuous improvement within the housing and homelessness sector
Support the capacity of the system in relation to at least one of the key themes of the Long-Term Affordable Housing Strategy Update
- a sustainable supply of housing stock (public and private)
- a fair system of housing assistance
- coordinated and accessible support services
- goal of ending homelessness
- indigenous housing strategy
- effective use of evidence and best practices to inform policy and program development, and to define and measure outcomes
In addition, this year, the ministry is encouraging proposals that focus on capacity building within the Indigenous sector and the transformation of housing providers.
The ministry is also encouraging proposals that represent a range of Ontario’s diverse demographics and geography, including but not limited to covering population in urban, rural/remote, and northern locations.
The IEC Fund will provide grants of varying amounts up to a maximum of $100,000 in 2017-18 for each approved proposal. Individual funding would depend on the type of project/initiative proposed.
For full details, including criteria and the application process, please click here