The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI in collaboration with COSTI Immigrant Services invites you to: Challenging and Reducing Mental Health Stigma in the Settlement Sector.
In this half-day training, participants will receive:
- Overview of mental health stigma
- Impact of stigma in social services practice
- Anti-stigma strategies to reduce internalized and external impacts of stigma
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define stigma and identify stigmatizing behaviors and language
- Summarize the impact of internalized and external stigma on help-seeking
- Share anti-stigma strategies with their colleagues
Registration deadline: Friday November 15th, 2019.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. We regret that no transportation cost will be provided for participants traveling from outside Toronto.
For more information, accessibility requests and dietary restrictions, please contact Tina Pahlevan at firstname.lastname@example.org