The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI in collaboration with Hong Fook, Mental Health Association invites you to a training Journey to Promote Mental Health.
Journey to Promote Mental Health is a two-day interactive training in the essentials of mental health.
The training aims to enhance the capacity of community workers from the settlement service sector in addressing and dealing with mental health issues presented by the individuals they serve.
The overarching goal is to enhance participants’ knowledge, awareness, and skills of cultural understanding and to review their practices in order to improve their services for refugees coming from diverse backgrounds.
This training is part of a FREE Mental Health Promotion workshop series open to OCASI member agencies working with immigrants and refugees.
Over the course of their two-day training, participants will cover:
- How does the migration process & resettlement experience of the newcomers relate to and impact on health & mental health?
- Understanding the impacts of the trauma on individuals’ mental health.
- Create culturally relevant early identification and intervention strategies (Use of cultural assessment and develop a culturally competent care plan to support the refugees and immigrants
- What is burnout, vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue and what can workers do about it?
- Why does mental health at the workplaces matter and the benefit of cultivating a healthy working environment
- Beyond meeting the employment standards: explore strategies for cultivating a healthy and supportive work culture
Registration deadline: Friday, November 4th, 2019.
Please note that attendance is mandatory for both days in order to complete this training. We regret that no transportation cost will be provided for participants traveling from outside Toronto.
Breakfast & lunch will be provided for both days. Free Parking available
For more information, accessibility requests and dietary restrictions, please contact Tina Pahlevan at firstname.lastname@example.org