Wednesday, October 27, 2021, from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM EDT – This discussion is open to all who wish to register.
Every worker has the right to be free from gender expression, gender identity, and sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace. Yet too often the burden falls on the worker to advocate for themselves. Recognizing this, Pride at Work Canada has created a new resource for LGBTQ2+ workers who are seeking information about their rights in the workplace. Join us for this virtual panel event to celebrate the launch of our new resource, “Know Your Rights: A Guide for LGBTQ2+ Employees”. Our discussion will bring together legal experts and advocates to examine what workplace discrimination looks like for LGBTQ2+ employees, the rights that they are entitled to, and the responsibilities of employers to create non-discriminatory and safe(r) workplaces.
- The legal protections of gender expression, gender identity, and sexual orientation in Canada
- What workplace discrimination looks like for LGBTQ2+ employees
- How LGBTQ2+ employees and job seekers can advocate for their rights
- LGBTQ2+ employees and job seekers
- Human Resources professionals
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Professionals
- Employment lawyers and those interested in employment law
- Law Society of New Brunswick – This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of continuing professional development hours.
- Law Society of Ontario – This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of EDI Professionalism Content.
- Law Society of Saskatchewan – This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of continuing professional development hours.
- LORENZO LISI (he/him), Partner & Practice Group Leader - Workplace Law Group, Aird & Berlis LLP [Panelist]
- MEIKE JOURDAIN (she/her), Programming & Engagement Coordinator - Pride at Work Canada [Moderator]
- JADE PICHETTE (they/them), Manager of Programs - Pride at Work Canada [Emcee]
Join us as we explore intersecting identities to help create more inclusive workplaces. This discussion is open to all who wish to register. If you would like to register after the deadline, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.