The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) in the GTA is hosting a free workshop of three consecutive sessions on the Private Sponsorship of Refugees for individuals/organizations/sponsoring groups who are interested to learn how to sponsor refugees and Community sponsorship requirements as follows:
Greeting and registration: 5:15 pm
- Private Sponsorship of Refugees–Overview 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Community Sponsorship-Overview - 6:35 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Application forms - 7:10 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Topics covered will include:
- Eligibility and admissibility requirements for refugees being sponsored
- How to identify an acceptable proof of refugee status
- Community Sponsorship Required Forms and Documents
- The sponsorship process
- How to complete the application forms
Free parking is available.
Light refreshments will be provided.