The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI is pleased to announce our e-learning course seris on: Understanding and Responding to Sexual Violence in Immigrant and Refuge Communities.
The purpose of this FREE two part course series is to help front-line workers better understand and respond to sexual violence in immigrant and refugee communities.
In this course, you will learn about:
- The unique experience and stories of immigrant and refugee survivors of sexual violence
- Debunking harmful myths about sexual violence and how to recognize and victim-blaming
- Anti-racist and anti-oppressive approaches to understanding sexual violence
- How to respond to disclosures of sexual violence and support survivors
- You will receive a certificate of completion from OCASI for both Level 1 and Level 2 of this course series. By the end of this course series, you will have two certificates of completion.
- Level 1 and Level 2 have 5 modules each, so there are 10 modules in total
- Each module takes about an hour to complete
- You will have one week to complete each module at your own pace, with the support of the facilitator
- There is a two week break between Level 1 and Level 2
- Sidrah Ahmad-Chan, Senior Coordinator of OCASI’s Initiative to End Gender-Based Violence
- Module 1 starts Friday, November 15, 2019
- Module 2 starts Friday, November 22, 2019
- Module 3 starts Friday, November 29, 2019
- Module 4 starts Friday, December 6, 2019
- Module 5 starts Friday, December 13, 2019
- Module 1 starts Monday, January 6, 2019
- Module 2 starts Monday, January 13, 2019
- Module 3 starts Monday, January 20, 2019
- Module 4 starts Monday, January 27, 2019
- Module 5 starts Monday, February 3, 2019
Please note: Course registration closes on November 14, 2019, and spaces are limited.
For more information on the course, contact Sidrah Ahmad-Chan at email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 416-322-4950 ext. 240.