OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Are you an Accounting Bookkeeper who wants to work for an organization that is making a difference in the Immigrant and Refugee sector? Then come work with us as an Accounting Bookkeeper.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Accounting Bookkeeper who will be responsible for properly organizing and tracking a variety of financial transactions including performing reconciliations, payroll processing and aiding internal/external reporting.
What will the Accounting Bookkeeper do?
● Support and coordinate finance related activities within various department of OCASI
● Monitor and confirm accurate posting of payables and receivables, reviewing discrepancies in comparison with the budget, and ensuring correct paperwork for all transaction
● Maintain accuracy of project accounting reports both for program manager usage and for purposes of funder reporting
● Assist team members in processing cheques /EFTs, ensuring accurate backup, approvals and follow-up. Complete GL reconciliations and Journal entries and support monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs
● Prepare payroll on a bi-weekly basis using QuickBooks and ensure proper staff allocations
● Assist the Finance Manager with utilization and monitoring spending requirements throughout the year
● Assist in timely preparation of mandatory reports (WSIB, EHT, GST, CRA remittances)
● Assist Finance Manager to prepare the annual budget and any necessary reports for Board of Directors meetings
● Assist the Finance Department in being audit ready and working with auditors throughout annual audit process
● Seek improved efficiencies and enact improvements in consultation with the Finance and Administration department
Who we are:
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.
• College diploma in Business Accounting or similar discipline
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a nonprofit environment
• Excellent proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop accounting software and other accounting systems
• Experience in working with auditors and preparing for audits preferred
• Ability to organize workload based on priorities of Administration and Board required
• Intimate knowledge of and experience with project/program-oriented non-profit or fund bookkeeping and accounting preferred
• Proficiency with ERP systems and implementation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task as well as meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
• Ability to function in a multidisciplinary, culturally diverse workplace
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of social justice, cultural competency as well as equity and inclusion
This is a non-unionized position. Salary is $51,220 plus benefits.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume with Accounting Bookkeeper in the title by May 7th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.