COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Office, Corporate Services and Marketing Team and Development Office.
- The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Office Corporate Services and Marketing Team and Development Office
- Performs data entry, types, proofreads, photocopies and formats correspondence, including: Board of Directors reports, funding proposals, manuals, and minutes of meetings according to Agency procedures and standards.
- Assists with marketing and fundraising initiatives including annual events: Annual General Meeting, Golf Tournament, United Way Campaign, Poetry Contest, World Refugee Day events, Open Houses and other external and agency events
- Maintains and updates databases for elected officials, funders and affiliated agencies, Friends of COSTI Campaign and COSTI Membership; prepares and copies relevant materials
- Reconciles funds received and prepares reports
- Purchases office supplies, prepares purchase orders, monitors inventory
- Maintains Board Room meeting schedules. Purchases meeting supplies and prepares refreshments as necessary.
- Answers telephone, forwards calls to staff and makes referrals to other COSTI locations and services providers.
- Greets visitors by providing a welcoming environment within Head Office and assists walk-in clients
- Responsible for office equipment maintenance, orients new staff on use of office equipment, and places service calls
- Prepares and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, including weekly inter-office courier.
- Provides backup for Corporate Services staff and the Languages Bureau Services, including coordination of interpreters and translators and performs other duties as required
- Post-secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent
- Minimum eighteen (18) months of experience providing administrative support
- Excellent demonstrated communication, organization and coordination skills
- Demonstrated typing speed of 60 words per minute and advanced knowledge of all software offered by Microsoft Office Suite is essential
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining databases.
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Start date: April 1, 2019
Starting salary range: $40,327 to $43,848 per annum + Benefits
Location: 1710 Dufferin Street, Toronto
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 31-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.