Mennonite New Life Centre
Canada Summer Jobs
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
Hours: 15 hours per week
Duration: 270 hours
Remuneration: $14.25 per hour
Number of Positions: 1
About the Organization
The Mennonite New Life Centre is a not-for-profit organization that provides services to those new to Canada including youth and seniors and provides much-needed mental health supports to newcomer families. Community engagement and newcomer engagement are vital and to ensure that the Centre provides the best services, the administrative assistant will uphold the Centre's values and represent during client engagement and community engagement, the Centre's commitment to providing services that will benefit local priorities. If the administrative assistant is not able to properly represent and support newcomer settlement and community engagement, then the Centre's impact will be diminished.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Mental Health Team with overall administrative supports including calendar and appointment bookings, email and letter correspondences.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program and only eligible applicants will be able to apply. Eligibility requirements include the following:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration; and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and;
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Provide support to the Mental Health Program, Language Instruction Giving Hope to Trauma Survivors program, and the Helping Our Newcomers Prepare for Employment Success program;
• Work in collaboration with the program coordinators of these programs to ensure that certain administrative functions are being accomplished. Functions include contacting clients of the respective programs, assist with evaluation procedures and reports, and to help record and perform statistics of the results;
• Participate in regular meetings with the teams, and assist with organization and the logistics, of potentially planning workshops related to the programs;
• Learn and become familiar with OCASI Client Management System data base system and support counsellors to fill sessions;
• Review existing files and extract main documents to be uploaded in the database system to help the shift towards cloud-based database systems;
• Other tasks include reception and client relations support, language translation service, client registration, and promotion and outreach;
• As a result of COVID-19, the administrative assistant will mostly work remotely from home. In the event whereby the administrative assistant would have to travel to the office, they must follow the COVID-19 response plan and related materials, resources and training videos posted on the company's intranet to help ensure the safety of the individual.
The Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto welcomes the opportunity to discuss accommodation and ensure fairness in our hiring process. Please let us know if you need specific arrangements. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com