Position Type: Fixed Time Contract
Location: Multiple - Peel Region
Hours: 35 per week
Brampton Multicultural Community Centre (BMC) is a charity established in 1987 that provides settlement and social services to newcomers, immigrants and the larger community in the Peel Region. Our mandate and core business is to enable less advantaged individuals, families and groups in the community to reach their full potential, enhance their life skills, and create a better future. BMC has a variety of specialized programs that cater to specific demographics and focus on providing different services such as (Settlement, Mental Health, Youth Development, Employment, and Seniors Support) making BMC a one-stop-shop for needed services. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as an Assistant Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director or their designate, you will be responsible for providing guidance and oversight for any of our Settlement, Employment Community Connections, Support Service or Youth programs. Your contributions will be instrumental in ensuring the achievement of program objectives and fostering community development.
• Provide leadership and supervision for the day-to-day operations for any of BMC’s Settlement, Community Connections, Employment, Support Service and Youth programs.
• Develop and implement program delivery procedures, work plans, and strategies to effectively meet program objectives and desired outcomes.
• Monitor program activities, evaluate outcomes, and make data-driven recommendations to enhance program effectiveness and impact.
• Manage and support a team of dedicated staff members, providing coaching, mentoring, and conducting performance evaluations.
• Conduct regular evaluations of program effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to enhance program outcomes.
• Support developing and implementing outcome measurement frameworks and tools to assess program impact and effectiveness.
• Maintain accurate program data and prepare comprehensive reports on program activities, outcomes, and statistics.
• Collaborate with partner organizations and community stakeholders to enhance program effectiveness, expand outreach initiatives, and build strong relationships.
• Support the implementation of quality assurance measures to ensure compliance with program standards and funder requirements
• Monitor program budgets, ensure efficient resource utilization, and provide recommendations for budget adjustments as necessary.
• Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on program activities, achievements, challenges, and recommendations.
• Assist in the operation of agency programs and services, including administrative tasks and data management.
• Stay updated on emerging trends, best practices, and innovations in the settlement sector, and incorporate them into program planning and delivery.
• Any other related duties prescribed by the board/designate
• Post-Secondary education in Social Services or Non-profit Management with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of management and / or related experience in the settlement sector.
• Proven experience in the development, implementation, and management of programs.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively organize, manage, and engage with diverse communities and individuals
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prioritize goals and activities.
• Experience in conducting research and needs assessments, as well as developing workshops and providing staff training.
• Experience in convening and facilitating meetings, with additional experience in managing offsite/remote staff being an asset.
• Knowledge of community services, programs, resources, and outreach practices.
• Demonstrated experience in supervising and evaluating employee performance.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office 365 and experience with Adobe software and web-based databases (iCARE/CTIMS).
• Ability to maintain multiple social media profiles and manage content using a content management system.
• Flexibility to work evenings or weekends as required.
• Police Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector is required as part of the hiring process.
• Must have own transportation (car), driver's license, and insurance for job-related travel.
BMC is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the principles of diversity and equity, and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available upon request; all requests must be made to the HR department in advance.
(WE THANK YOU FOR APPLYING. ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED)
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter in ONE document (PDF, Word or Rich Text Format) referencing:
BMC-JC-0236-Assistant Manager by Friday June 9th, 2023 to
Human Resources Department
Brampton Multicultural Community Centre
197 County Court Blvd, Suite 303
Brampton, ON L6W 4P6