Bilingual Coordinator - Community Education
OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Who we are:
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.
The Bilingual Coordinator, Community Education is responsible for conducting needs assessments and analysis to identify training gaps and areas of interest. The Bilingual Coordinator, Community Education will conduct a separate training needs assessment in French to adjust the courses to reflect the needs of the Francophone agencies.
Based on the information obtained through the needs analysis, the Bilingual Coordinator will review, revise, and update existing curriculum to incorporate trends to keep participants up-to-date. The Bilingual Coordinator will incorporate into the new curriculum any updates on resource and referral information as well as any legislative and legal information updates. The Bilingual Coordinator, Community Education will provide online self-directed training on various topics including Foundations of Settlement Work, Employment Supports, Supporting Newcomer Youth, and Gender-based Violence. This position will report to OCASI’s Senior Manager, Professional Development and Training.
● Develop project work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and plans for the needs assessment, consultations, research and content development for online modules and webinars for this project
● Provide on-line facilitated training and host webinars on various topics
● Apply adult learning principles to training delivery; provide expertise and answer questions relating to training, work with OCASI teams to deliver high quality training; coordinate activities to avoid duplication of work
● Develop and monitor project budget; Prepare narrative and evaluative reports on project(s) progress; prepare cheque requisitions in accordance with set procedures for approval by the manager
● Develop and implement an outreach and promotion strategy that strengthen relationships with and amongst organizations that serve Francophone newcomers across the province
● Coordination and writing of quarterly and final reports to funders
● Maintain updated knowledge base of issues related to all aspects of the newcomer settlement process
● Contributes to a healthy and safe environment for oneself and others and complies with all safe working procedures and instructions including OCASI’s
policies and procedures
● Create a safe and supportive learning environment
● Embrace and actively uphold OCASI’s mission, equity, access, anti-racism and anti-oppression principles
● Acknowledge, appreciate, and encourage individual differences and value people for their skills, competencies, and contribution to OCASI’s continuing success
● Other duties as assigned
● Post-secondary education in Social Work or equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working in the non-profit sector with a focus on organizational development and change, capacity building and training or non-profit governance
● Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role as a coordinator working in a non-profit or community-based agency in areas of Settlement Services, Human Resources and/or Training in the immigrant services sector or other relevant community services sector
● Minimum of 1 year of experience in adult education training specifically creating and delivering custom curriculum
● Knowledge of Francophone community and immigrant and refugee serving sector in Ontario
● Knowledge of and familiarity with issues and barriers to success (e.g. LGBTQ, racism and discrimination, etc.) faced by or affecting Francophone newcomers, immigrants and refugees in Ontario
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and influence decision makers
● Strong relationship building and networking skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with members, partners, staff and volunteers
● Knowledge of different virtual and social media platforms
● Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
● Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to consult, collaborate and work as part of a team
● Demonstrated commitment to principles of social justice, cultural competency and equity and inclusion
● Able to travel across Ontario
● Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
● Salary is $51,220 plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87M
● Job-type: full-time position based on 35 hours per week (Mon- Fri) and requires in person attendance in the Toronto office (1 day / week)
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Bilingual Coordinator - Community Education by June 25, 2023 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at
OCASI is committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.