OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Are you a Community Forum Specialist? Do you want to play a key role collaborating with immigrant and refugee-serving sector staff, leaders, and those in related fields to learn, share, connect and collaborate? Then come work with us to ensure the ongoing growth and development of SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.Org.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic bilingual (French and English) coordinator who wants to play a key role in growing the online Community of Practice on SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.Org.
What will the Bilingual Coordinator, National Online Community of Practice do?
• Develop and implement project work plan and strategies to encourage and obtain stakeholder and/or community support as well as identify other agencies and organizations as project partners
• Build relationships with stakeholders and experts nationally, with an emphasis on the Francophone and bilingual settlement sector across Canada
• Respond to users in a timely manner
• Monitor, track, and report on feedback and online reviews
• Coordinate all relevant activities of the SettleNet Project including planning, facilitating and conducting meetings
Who we are
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.
● Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree (e.g. social science, social work, community development, immigration & settlement studies) or equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working in the non-profit sector
● Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role as a coordinator working in a non-profit or community-based agency in the immigrant services sector or other relevant community services sector
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and influence decision-makers
● Experience building or facilitating online communities and/or communities of practice
● Knowledge and understanding of the needs of Francophone and bilingual Canadians working with newcomers
● Advanced digital communication skills, including social media and email marketing
● Experience with Drupal content management system and Google Analytics an asset
● Demonstrated commitment to principles of social justice, cultural competency and equity and inclusion
● Strong relationship building and networking skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with members, partners, staff and volunteers
● Detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
● Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to consult, collaborate and work as part of a team
Salary is $51,220 plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87M
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with the subject line Bilingual Coordinator, National Online Community of Practice by May 28th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.