INTERNAL/EXTERNAL OCISO JOB POSTING
Position: Bilingual (English/French) Receptionist
Main OCISO Office (959 Wellington St. W)
Term: Full-time, 35 h/week - April 2021 – Indefinite
Reports to: Operations & HR Manager
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Receptionist supports the activities of OCISO and performs duties related to office administration and reception of clients. As a source of support for the programs as a whole, the Receptionist sits at the front desk at OCISO’s main office and greets clients, answers the phone, notifies staff of clients’ arrival, and acts as the first point of contact for newcomers.
• Greet and welcome clients as soon as they arrive in the office
• Direct clients to the appropriate person and office
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
• Maintain visitor safety procedures (visitor logs, entry screening, mandatory masks, hand disinfection, etc.)
• Ensure reception area is tidy, presentable and disinfected as per OCISO health & safety protocols.
• Receive, sort and distribute daily mail & deliveries
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
• Ensure the community information/resources are readily available and well organized.
• Train and supervise volunteers on the main reception procedures.
• Support the training and orientation activities of OCISO staff including, but not limited to, training in use of office equipment, orientation to common office forms, and orientation to the telecom system.
• Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a receptionist position.
• Experience working with newcomers to Canada and an understanding of factors supporting social and economic participation.
• Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills, sensitivity to the needs and issues of newcomer clients.
• Demonstrated computer software and troubleshooting skills, proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite of applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Highly organized and motivated, able to work in a fast-paced work setting and meet deadlines.
• Thorough knowledge of current and effective office procedures.
• Ability to make informed critical decisions independently of supervision.
• Demonstrated professional written and oral communication skills.
• Fluency in English and French - essential; third language is a strong asset.
Salary & Benefits: $37,850 – $40,500 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator: email@example.com