COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Orientation to Ontario (O2O) is a province wide bilingual pilot with objectives to expedite and facilitate the settlement and integration of newcomers to Ontario. The project aims to deliver information to clients Online (O2O Website), Workshops and self-directed print resources (Workbook) to newcomers.
International Student Connect (ISC) is also a province wide bilingual pilot project, designed to identify and develop an appropriate service response to the settlement needs of international students pursuing post-secondary education in Ontario. The project aims to connect International Student with settlement and community services during their studies. The project is being designed and developed in partnership with post-secondary education organizations and includes consultations with international students, their families and other stakeholders.
- Works with members of the team to develop and implement detailed project work plans
- Collaborates closely with project team and francophone partners.
- Develops templates, formats, reports, forms, systems and effectively coordinate all aspects of the project in both French and English
- Develops and translates new resources in French on need basis
- Undertakes specific aspects of the project as assigned by the General Manager
- Monitors delivery of O2O workshops, ISC Let’s Connect and One-on-One Sessions, and O2O/ISC websites, soliciting and recording O2O/ISC recommendations and changes on an ongoing basis; coordinates update of materials
- Trains facilitators and provides additional support to facilitators as required for developing presentations using Prezi and Power Point for both projects
- Identifies and disseminates appropriate resources and supports as required by pilot project deliverers
- Maintains electronic communication systems within the network of O2O and ISC service providers in both French and English
- Provides necessary leadership to facilitators delivering workshops as well as website development and online resources in both French and English
- Creates opportunities for intra/inter agency collaboration and maintains and enhances relationships
- Observes delivery of the O2O workshops and ISC Let’s Connect Sessions and contributes towards the models and operational performance
- Prepares accurate and detailed monthly, quarterly and year-end narrative and statistical progress reports for submission to Project Manager
- Delivers live and recorded webinars in English and French for O2O and ISC
- Translates reports, forms and working documents from English to French and French to English
- Posts workshops and resources on project websites for all Service Delivery Agencies and clients as needed
- Takes minutes of meetings, coordinates distribution of workbooks.
- Post-secondary education in Social Services or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience as a front line worker delivering both newcomer orientation sessions and settlement services with a focus on initial settlement issues, including but not limited to Housing, Community Participation, Consumer Services, Inclusiveness, Legal Services, Education and Training
- Six (6) months of experience in program and community development in building partnership with wider community networks including but not limited to settlement agencies, universities and colleges
- Six (6) months experience in developing and revising orientation material specifically designed for newcomer clients, including but not limited to fact sheets, workbooks, user manuals and guides.
- Must be bilingual; advanced proficiency in French is a must.
- Must complete an Alliance Française Toronto French Language Oral and Written Assessment with a score of Advanced+ or higher
- Demonstrated experience facilitating newcomer orientation sessions
- Demonstrated experience delivering webinars and developing PowerPoint and Prezi presentations
- Experience in working with diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Internet/E-mail
- Job will require travel within Ontario (Toronto, Peel Region, Barrie, Thunder Bay, Kingston, Ottawa, Halton Region, Hamilton, London, Windsor, Sarnia, Guelph, Waterloo, Niagara Region, and York). Minimum 25 visit per year to all locations. Travel will also involve overnight stay, 5-6 times per year
- Access to a car and valid driver license is a requirement
This is a full time union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
Start date: October 1, 2019
Salary range: $52,365 to $56,356 per annum + benefits
Location: 2301 Keele Street, Toronto
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 95-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.