Who we are:
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.
The Bilingual Senior Coordinator – Anti-Racism Project will be responsible for developing an anti racism framework and strategy for OCASI member agencies, and for encouraging and facilitating its adoption by the Ontario immigrant and refugee-serving sector.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic bilingual (French and English) senior coordinator with a sound understanding and commitment to anti-racism and confronting anti-Black racism, who enjoys engaging with diverse people to work collaboratively for systemic change.
What will the Bilingual Senior Coordinator – Anti-Racism Project do?
- Develop an anti-racism framework and strategy for OCASI member agencies, principally by implementing the recommendations from OCASI’s recent environmental assessment on Advancing Racial Equity in the Immigrant and Refugee serving sector:
- Develop an overarching anti-Racism and confronting anti-Black racism strategy outlining sector wide missions, values, and goals to be adopted by all members.
- Develop a public awareness and anti-racism campaign to foster engagement and awareness in the effort to eliminate racism in Ontario.
- Determine and establish education and competency training opportunities and needs as required by staff, leaders, and board members.
- Determine capacity needs at the level of leadership and boards of directors to support the implementation, execution, and sustainability of ongoing anti-racism work.
- Foster community building, collaboration, and resources through focus groups, town halls, member-only community spaces.
- Support the development of data and reporting procedures to facilitate the collection of voluntary data to keep abreast of incidents and experiences of racism in the sector.
- Create added content and expand OCASI’s current website and resources to support ongoing anti-racism work in the immigrant and refugee serving sector. Content should be accessible and available in multiple languages.
- Relevant post-secondary degree (e.g. social sciences) or the equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working in the non-profit human services sector.
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills in the non-profit human services sector, staff supervision, budgeting, collaboration with diverse partners, and meeting multiple project deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the immigrant and refugee-serving sector – preferably Ontario – knowledge of systemic barriers in immigrant and refugee settlement and resettlement, and understanding of anti-racism and countering anti-Black racism.
- Demonstrated experience championing, and developing and delivering anti-racism and anti oppression training.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in clear verbal and written communication in English and French for diverse audiences (example: immigrant and refugee serving sector, partners, funders).
- A team player who can take the initiative and work independently, and is committed to the OCASI mission.
- Preference will be given to persons from Indigenous, Black, and other racialized communities.
- Salary is $56,342 plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87M
- Job type: Full-time position based on 35 hrs/week
- Some overnight travel within Canada may be required
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Bilingual Senior Coordinator – Anti-Racism Project by May 10 , 2023 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com
OCASI is committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.