Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will provide exceptional high-level administrative/operational and business research and analysis support.
Responsibilities:(but not limited to)
- Work with the CEO to prioritize key projects and focus on the most important issues and opportunities
- Perform special projects as directed by the CEO, including the review, research, summarization or analysis of information
- Strategically manage the CEO's time and calendar by exercising discretion and decision-making while sorting and filtering requests while ensuring priorities are met in a timely manner
- Respond to routine questions and requests and refer requests to the Executive Leadership Team, as appropriate
- Work with the CEO to strategize and manage a portfolio of relationships including scheduling of meetings and relationship management.
- Work with the CEO on meeting planning, preparation and coordination, including logistics, materials, etc.
- Attend key meetings with the CEO with the purpose of ensuring follow-up and execution on identified next steps.
- Responsible for gathering statistical information, review/audit for accuracy, prepare analysis, develop forecasts and distribution as needed.
- Prepare monthly statistical reports and dashboard, briefing notes, ad hoc reports and assist in the development of new reports to meet the changing needs of the organization
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned
- Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required
- Adopt safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately
- Perform other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Social Services, Human Services, Public Administration, Business Administration with three to five years of experience in business analysis and/or project management within the non-profit sector
- Strong research, statistical, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including strong business writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate information to a variety of audiences
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Highly organized with strong documentation skills and attention to detail with the appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Exceptional project and time management skills including planning, prioritization, and follow up.
- Excellent initiative and follow through skills
- A strong understanding and/or lived experience of a South Asian culture and the discrimination experienced in Canada
- Capable of handling competing priorities and working effectively under pressure
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours and in a fast-paced environment
- Current Criminal Record Check will be required
- Valid Driver’s License with own transportation a must
Job Position: Business Analyst/Project Management
Department: Corporate Services
Status: Full-Time – 35 hours per week
8-month contract position, with the possibility of an extension
Compensation: $32.00 per hour
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically by 12:00 p.m. July 15th, 2020 to:
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “Business Analyst and Project Support” - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Indus encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.