Position Title Supply CNC
Organization Structure Reports to the Program Manager
Job classification Supply CNC
Job Status Supply
This is a bargaining unit position
Collaboratively plan and implement a culturally sensitive child-centered program which reflects the diversity of the participants; introduces Canadian values and traditions, and meets the social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development needs of the enrolled children
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) requirements
• Ensure that all health and safety standards are met, and operation of the program is in compliance with Polycultural and CNC policies, procedures and requirements
• Assess the skills abilities interests and needs of enrolled children
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
• Communicate with parents, ensuring that parents receive orientation to the care, activities and guidance used in the program; Discuss progress or problems of children with parents and relevant staff members with appropriate attention and respect to matters of confidentiality
• Administer the program, keeping appropriate records related to the children and the program
• Undergo CNC Orientation Training
• Keep accurate daily attendance records; (also child profile, and session management forms as required) and complete accident reports on appropriate forms
• Monitor all entrances and exits at all times
• Inspect CNC space for safety issues and seek corrective action according to procedures
• Set up procedures to ensure that the children are never left unattended
• Ensure, in collaboration with Program Manager, that the program has the materials and equipment necessary for meeting program goals
• Ensure that supply CNC staff are sourced only from Polycultural’s CNC supply list
• Order supplies as required, keeping within budget in consultation with Program Manager
• Plan a program that encourages respect for the values, customs and traditions of other cultures
• Participate in all required Professional Development activities such as workshops, conferences and staff meetings
• Work with team members to create a positive environment
• Submit monthly statistical and narrative reports as required
Changes behavioural style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation. Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives
Using a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communication, the exchange of information and discussion on an ongoing basis
Planning & Organizing/ Time Management
Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of co-workers, managers, clients, or community members, striving to ensure their full satisfaction
The job involves working with young children and includes lifting and participating in physical activities. It may also involve the supervision of children and physical activities out of doors.
• Early Childhood Education Certificate
• Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators membership in good standing
• Experience in a childcare setting
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR certificates
• Current Health assessment including immunization and proof of Tuberculosis status
• Clear and current Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check
• Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of newcomers
• Strong background and abilities to plan and organize the activities for children
• Multicultural awareness, gender sensitivity, and racial and ethnic appreciation.
• Effective communication within a team environment, staff, students
• Demonstrated moral and ethical judgment
• Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of newcomers
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills and excellent writing skills
• Ability to be creative and flexible in planning
A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check (completed when offer is made)
How to apply:
To apply, click on link below: https://www.polycultural.org/about-us/careers-curos
Polycultural reserves the right to post internally and externally.
In support of persons with disabilities, Polycultural asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, to please advise Human Resources, if contacted for an interview/testing, so that suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards). If you require assistance in sending your resume due to a disability, please contact Human Resources directly.
We thank everyone for their interest in Polycultural; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity.
No Phone calls please.