Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a CNC Workers to support the LINC program by providing quality childcare to children from 8 months to 6 years from diverse backgrounds.
If you want to apply your skills, experience, and talents to an organization that is making a difference in the lives of newcomers then this is the opportunity for you!
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, learning and development opportunities, and a great workplace culture.
What you will be doing:
• Provide an interesting and challenging program to children from 8 months to 6 years
• Help develop and implement program components based on emergent curriculum to facilitate development of children’s gross and fine motor skills, as well as language development in order to ensure children are prepared for full day kindergarten
• Prepare activities to assess skill development and provide program support for each activity
• Under the direction of the Lead Childminder, supervise all activities (exercise, play, etc.) to ensure the safety of the children at all times
• Assist children to develop acceptable behaviour for social integration and adaptation in the community and in school
• Maintain up-to-date records of children’s development, interests, strengths, needs, skills, etc.
• Meet with and engage regularly with parents to answer questions and provide information related to the childcare centre and provide information regarding children’s development
• Assist Lead Childminder with integrating parents into the childcare centre, using special activities, helping roles, etc.
• Actively promote community resources (libraries, community centres, Early Years Centres, etc.)
• Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports on program activities and outcomes
• Participate in professional development and attend staff meetings as required
• Other duties as required.
What are we looking for?
• Diploma in child development from a recognized academic institution
• Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized institution and Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educator (CECE) is an asset
• One year of experience working with children from infants (6 months) to school age is required
• Creative and able to plan and implement age-appropriate activities
• Sensitive to cultural, linguistic and religious diversity
• Effective communication skills in English
• Proficient in computer skills, preferred
• Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
• TB test and up-to-date immunization records
Compensation: $22.81 to $25.26 based on experience
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code P392.
Application Deadline: this position will be open until filled.
CCS is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We seek applicants who will strengthen our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities to consider working with and for CCS.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We strongly encourage all those who are interested to apply, even if they do not mee