At Achev, we believe that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to build a better life and a successful future. For more than 30 years, we have dedicated ourselves to helping diverse Canadians and newcomers achieve their full potential. Today, we are one of the largest providers of employment, newcomer, language, and youth services in the Greater Toronto Area. Our dedicated team of nearly 400 staff delivers a wide range of innovative, high-quality, and personalized programs and services that empower our clients to prosper and our communities to thrive.
We thrive in a OneAchev culture where collaboration and an integrated service delivery will positively impact Achev’s resiliency, agility, success, and growth.
Join us in helping diverse Canadians and newcomers achieve their full potential!
Achev’s latest Impact Report: www.Achev.ca
SUMMARY: As part of Employment Services (ES), the Career Specialist - 2 will assist individuals with their employment goals and job search who are deemed appropriate for assisted services. Under the job search component of Assisted Services, individuals would access individual assistance in career clarification, goal setting, skills and interest assessment, interview and employment preparation. The Career Specialist - 2 may also provide Job Retention assistance, for those clients who need additional coaching and mentoring in order to maintain employment or to make the next step on their career path. The incumbent of this position may be required to provide part or all aspects of the Employment Services model.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate structured and individualized support for conducting successful job search to individuals in a group and/or individual setting
• Provide career exploration, identification and clarification of interests, abilities, skills, education and experience in relation to short- and long-term career and employment goals in a group and/or individual setting
• Facilitate an orientation to the workplace- rules and expectations of employers, rights and responsibilities of employers and Canadian workplace culture
• Provide counselling and coaching in life skills that support successful employment
• Support individuals for disclosure of disabilities that may affect employment participation
• Provide support with the preparation of job search tools and strategies, including resumes and applications, interview techniques and coaching, Education and training options and current labour market information.
• Provide support to clients in assessing their qualifications against job requirements
• Provide information about and access to professional accreditation, language credentials and prior learning assessments
• Support mentoring and coaching during the job search process
• Provide support with referral and access to other services including, but not limited to education and training
• Provide assistance to clients who require enhanced support, such as Job search, Mentoring, and or with job retention
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and offer Itinerant Employment Services within the local catchment area to new and existing partnerships.
• Maintain up-to-date information on local labour market, community resources & referral protocols
• Utilize the EOIS system and internal CETRA system for tracking clients, conducting follow up and recording activities
• Maintain Case Notes and documentation of client engagement, progress of completion of action items from individualized Employment Service Plans and documentation of client progress and results
• Provide assistance to both Resource and Information and other areas of the ES delivery model as required
• Ability to continue operations under a Remote Delivery Model, as and when required
• University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
• Extensive knowledge of Employment Services; must have 1-2 years’ experience in an ES role
• Experience in delivering outcome-based employment services
• Extensive experience with MLTSD’s Case Management System (EOIS CaMS)
• Knowledge of Ministry Delivered Programs and related guidelines for administration (i.e. Better Jobs Ontario)
• Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience in some or all aspects of Job Search, Job Placement and Incentives or Job Retention including employment/coaching
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience facilitating job search related sessions with knowledge of current job search techniques and assessment tools in a group setting to adult learners
• Ability to learn new technology tools such as the Achev's parallel data management system (CETRA)
• Demonstrated knowledge of LMI, job search techniques and recruitment and community resources, programs and services
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups – including adults, youth, newcomers to Canada or other groups with specialized needs
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
• Experience working in a fast paced and outcome-based environment
• Goal oriented, highly organized, flexible and adaptable
• Superior time management skills
• Advanced skills in computer technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and on-line employment tools
• Ability to deliver services in both official languages (English/French). Knowledge of other languages is considered an asset
• Ability to administer and interpret Level B tests /psychological instruments, Personality Dimensions, MBTI, COP System or Life Skills Certification would be an asset
• Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
• We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. So, if you’re excited about this role or another one, please apply on our website - www.achev.ca
Please apply at our website: www.achev.ca/ About / Careers at Achev.