Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services - SAFSS is a trusted not-for-profit social services agency that has been serving and advocating for newcomers, refugees and victims of all types of violence since 1989. The need to address Violence against Women was the seed of the organization's establishment. However, while the organization was initially founded to support women and children who were victims of domestic violence, it has since evolved and expanded its services to support other identified needs. Our trained staff provide a range of services to a diverse, multi-cultural and multi-lingual community in a responsible and professional manner in a safe non-judgmental and confidential environment that fosters trust, respect and collaboration.
SAFSS is looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the organization’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of services.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Executive Director. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of the agency to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Design and implement operational strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote an organizational culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and the work of Managers (HR, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the ED in all matters of importance
- Assist ED in fundraising ventures
- Manage relationships with partners/stakeholders
- Proven experience as Senior HR and Office Manager
- Understanding of functions such as HR, Finance, and Settlement sector
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and program development
- Working within an Unionised environment a must
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
This is a full-time position, based on a 35-hour week schedule from Monday to Friday.
How to apply:
Submit your resume & cover letter by January 15, 2021 to:
Your cover letter should be an answer to the following question: Why do you want to work in a newcomer settlement agency?
Settlement Assistance & Family Support Services is an equal opportunity employer and committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact the HR department at SAFSS.
Only applicants who will be interviewed are contacted.