Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services is a trusted not-for-profit social services agency that has been serving and advocating for newcomers, refugees and victims of all types of violence since 1989. The need to address Violence against Women was the seed of the organization's establishment. However, while the organization was initially founded to support women and children who were victims of domestic violence, it has since evolved and expanded its services to support other identified needs. Our trained staff provide a range of services to a diverse, multi-cultural and multi-lingual community in a responsible and professional manner in a safe non-judgmental and confidential environment that fosters trust, respect and collaboration.
• Planning and implementing a culturally sensitive program reflecting the multicultural reality of Canada, to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language development needs appropriate for the age and development of the children
• Provide activities that encourage respect for the values, customs and traditions of other cultures
• Arrange and prepare nutritious snacks for the children as needed
• Ensure that the materials and rooms are arranged before the children arrive, make rooms clean and keep them in proper order after the session
• Report any problem with the facility to Program Manager/Lead Childminder
• Assist with keeping up-to-date records of children attending the program
• Maintain accurate health records of each child completed by a qualified physician
• Ensure that all health and safety standards are met at the Centre
• Assist with community outreach and other duties as assigned.
• Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma
• Good verbal communication skills in English (speaking/ Writing) and other languages are an asset
• Knowledge of LINC, CNC guidelines
• Experience in a Daycare/Childcare related setting working with children from infants to school age
• Up-to-date First AID/CPR, TB test certification and Police Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector) from the Police Department on criminal reference clearance
• Sensitivity to diversified cultures, peoples and practices
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Assistance & Family Support Services is an equal opportunity employer and committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact the HR department at SAFSS.
Only applicants who will be interviewed are contacted.