Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS is seeking a part time childminder to support the LINC program by providing quality childcare for children (6 months to school-aged) from diverse backgrounds.
- Plan and deliver appropriate activities for children (6 months to 6 years old) in accordance with Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) requirements as set out by CMAS
- Develop and implement program components based on emergent curriculum to facilitate development of children’s gross and fine motor skills as well as language development
- Prepare activities to assess skill development and provide program support for each activity
- Under the direction of the Lead Childminder, supervise all activities to ensure the safety of the children at all times
- Assist children to develop acceptable behaviour for social integration and adaptation in the community and in school
- Maintain up-to-date records of the children’s development, interests, strengths, needs and skills
- Meet with and engage regularly with parents to answer questions and provide information related to the CNC and provide information regarding children’s development
- Actively promote community resources (libraries, community centres, Early Years Centres) to parents
- A one-year diploma in child development or completion of 50% of course credits towards the Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized academic institution
- Experience working with children from infants (6 months) to 6 years old
- Creative and able to plan and implement age appropriate activities
- Demonstrated ability to work with children and parents from diverse backgrounds
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- TB test and up-to-date immunization records
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening mandatory
(Part time, Ongoing)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $20.47 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter quoting file # T254 no later than 5:00 pm on October 20, 2017 to:
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.