This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
Funding of this position is confirmed till February 2024.
• Provides administrative support to the program’s Manager and Settlement team
• Conducts follow up interviews with newcomer Ukrainian clients that have exited the program within the past 3 months to get updates on their settlement process and to see if further assistance is required
• Carries out exit interviews with clients that will be leaving a host family
• Coordinates team meetings and records minutes of the meetings
• Updates COSTI and external databases with pertinent information regarding our team’s activities and services
• Responds to email and phone queries about the program
• College degree or equivalent with relevant practicum experience
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in the social service sector
• Demonstrated experience in an administrative role, including office support to a team, managing documents, purchasing supplies, etc.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office including Teams, Excel and Word
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both written and verbal; fluency in Ukrainian and strong English skills are essential
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Works well independently and takes initiative to reach program goals
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including some evenings
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist
of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATION: Sheridan Mall, 1700 Wilson Avenue, Toronto.
DURATION: February 13, 2023 to February 9, 2024
SALARY RANGE: $42,336 to $45,562 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: January 23, 2023
CLOSING DATE: February 5, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link.