Catholic Family Services of Peel-Dufferin (CFSPD) is a non-profit, charitable organization reflecting the values consistent with Catholic social teachings. CFSPD is a dynamic, growing family service agency serving all areas of Peel and Dufferin. CFSPD is committed to providing a positive work environment for its employees and excellent services to its clients.
CFSPD is the lead agency to the Safe Centre of Peel (SCoP) - a partnership of 15 social service organizations. SCoP is a safe and welcoming space where many agencies work collaboratively and integrate services to respond to victims and survivors of violence and abuse at a single location.
CFSPD is currently seeking a Client Navigator who will be responsible for acting as a point of contact for program participants, potential clients and community. The Client Navigator will conduct intake and screening, provide crisis intervention, support, safety planning and advocacy to individuals, families, as well as make appropriate referrals to community services.
The Client Navigator reports to Program Supervisor. This position will be based in Brampton, Ontario.
• Respond to client inquiries (telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person) regarding services and support client in providing intake and assessment
• Conduct initial intake/assessment through various avenues such as face-to-face, telephone and email to determine client needs, interests, eligibility criteria and next steps.
• Conduct therapeutic, trauma-informed risk assessment and safety planning
• Works closely with on-site partners to ensure coordinated, responsive and timely service for clients
• Facilitates referrals to on-site and off-site partners, agency programs, other professionals, agencies, services, or community resources appropriate to clients' identified needs.
• Processes and maintains internal and external referrals; liaise with on-site and off-site partner agencies that have made referrals to SCoP and the agency.
• Provide telephone support, crisis intervention and follow-up for clients.
• Support outreach efforts as needed to promote an awareness and understanding of the programs and services provided by the agency and SCOP.
• Ensure all attempts of client contacts are documented while maintaining careful, accurate records and client case files of all relevant information.
• Create, update and maintain client enrollment information in database
• Assists in the orientation and training of new staff, students and volunteers
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Community College Diploma or related human service field and two (2) years of relevant work experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in a second language, especially in South Asian languages is an asset.
• Commitment to intersectional feminist, anti-oppressive/anti-racist, trauma-informed service delivery approach
• Understanding of gender-based violence and its impacts at multiple levels
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of counseling, social work, and case management.
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with co-workers, community providers and stakeholders and clients.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft office suite.
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check
• Willing to work within a Catholic values framework
Please apply through this link: https://ca.indeed.com/job/client-navigator-c880385724a86060
CFSPD is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to hiring staff that reflect the diversity in our community. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. We invite candidates from diverse communities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Catholic Family Services of Peel-Dufferin. We will only contact those selected for consideration.