The YWCA, JUMP Etobicoke requires a Client Services Administrator - Itinerant Services (Contract Position).
YWCA JUMP Etobicoke is a settlement program with a focus on Labour Market Access, which targets new immigrant women in North and Central Etobicoke. The program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and addresses the adaptation, settlement and integration needs of newcomer women through a comprehensive settlement centre model including: settlement information and referrals; satellite workshops; settlement series workshops; case management; employment related services; and community building. Care for newcomer children support services, are also offered.
The Client Services Administrator is responsible for providing administrative and outreach support and monitoring to the YWCA JUMP program new itinerant services expansion and staff team.
Reporting to the Manager of YWCA Programs, the Client Services Administrator's responsibilities include:
- Co-facilitates the delivery of the training program
- Works with staff to monitor wait lists
- Processes all pertinent program and client file documentation
- Provides information referral counselling for clients
- Assists the Manager and team to develop and maintain outreach and referral system for programs and services
- Gathers and maintains information on community resources
- Develops systems and protocols for registration, intake and monitoring of client plans
- Liaises with professionals and agencies in the community to facilitate access to client services
- Share intake responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the Program Manager
- Responds to email and telephone enquiries for the YWCA JUMP program intake and outreach
- Prepares data for CTS and iCARE entries and ensures timely and accurate data entry
- Orders program supplies for staff and participants in the program as needed
- Acts as contact for agencies interested in hosting new itinerant services
- Supports outreach activities to engage new training partners to host training sessions and recruit participants for the program
- Assis with monitoring budget lines, petty cash and TTC tokens in consultation with the Manager
- Shares the responsibility for security measures including opening and night lock-up
- Assists with program events at external sites and public events focused on promotion and networking when required
- In-depth knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through completion of a community college diploma (e.g. business administration, commerce or related field)
- 1-3 years directly related work experience
- Advanced computer skills in Windows, Excel, Internet, spreadsheet and database applications
- Ability to operate in an environment with minimal supervision, flexibility, adaptability and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and ability to trouble shoot computer hardware network connections
- Superior customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Marketing experience, and asset
- Knowledge of another language, and asset (e.g. Somali, Urdu, Hindi)
Core Competencies: The employee is expected to:
- Understand and support the mission and beliefs of YWCA Toronto
- Incorporate principles of anti-oppression and equity at YWCA Toronto
- Demonstrate respect, consideration and acceptance of the opinions of others while expressing her own expertise and effectively utilizing relevant resources and specialist
- Consistently collaborate with team members, sharing ideas and differences openly
- Be receptive to new ideas and adapt to change as necessary
- Set goals, prioritize task and carry out responsibilities to achieve quality results
- Take action to avoid or solve problems and create opportunities for positive change
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
The hours of work for this position are 28 hours per week
Contract start date: January 1. 2019
Contract end date: March 31, 2019
Hourly rate: $21.99 per hour
Please note: A police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA is a unionized workplace. Staff are representd by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit.
How to apply:
Please provide cover letter and resume by Wednesday, December 12, 2018 to:
Manager of YWCA Programs
222 Dixon Road, Suite 207
Etobicoke, Ontario M9P 3S5
Please quote Job ID; JUMP0163 and your name in the subject line.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Thank you to all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquires please.