About the YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. As outlined in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In the future we see for our region, everyone will have opportunities to shine their brightest.
Mirroring the diversity we’re privileged to have in the GTA, our YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of our communities. For more than 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Toronto has provided opportunities for people to shine through a variety of programs and services including health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. When you donate to the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help ensure more people get access to these vital programs that help them connect, grow, and reach their full potential. Visit www.ymcagta.org to learn more about our work to build vibrant communities where everyone can shine.
Nature & Scope:
The YMCA of Greater Toronto, a leader in coordination of national and provincial programs, acts as the National Coordinator for the National GAR Case Management - Client Support Services Program (CSS). The objectives of the CSS program are to provide resettlement services to more than 5,200 Government-assisted refugees (GARs) through an empowerment-oriented case management and community capacity building model of service delivery, while engaged in continuous quality improvement initiatives. The YMCA as the National Coordinator provides both indirect/direct services to GAR clients through a collaborative network. The key coordination activities include: National administration, database management and reporting, communication and information sharing and program delivery, support and training.
The Client Support Services Program Analyst reports to the CSS Manager and partners with YMCA IT Support in ensuring the nation-wide program database is efficiently and effectively evaluated and developed to track program outcomes. The position is responsible for providing technical support and training to program sites and as well, contributes to the National reporting requirements through systematic gathering, analyzing and reporting of data. The Applications Support Analyst promotes the YMCA programs to the community and organizations in order to market the programs to those in position to assist the Association in achieving Strategic Outcomes. Additional program administrative tasks are also the responsibility of this position.
- Provide advanced management, support and analysis for nation-wide customized database system (Effort to Outcomes- ETO) with local sites
- Coordinates with National Programs Manager (CSS) and YMCA IT Support team to implement/update the database/reporting plan in consultation with the CSS program sites in order to identify national program requirements, key settlement performance indicators/outcomes and successfully translate them into an efficient software model
- Identifies software application adjustments and develops new customized tracking and reporting Systems
- Identify reports in regards to the program outputs as requested by various stakeholders
- Monitors and collects ETO user requests for further customization
- Prepares monthly/quarterly and annual statistical reports of each program site and comparative analysis nationally; identifying and analyzing trends and progress of the CSS program
- Coordinates with National Programs Manager (CSS) and YMCA IT Support team to implement new data system features and evaluation tools that can be used to measure program impact at the individual, community and national level
- Ensures quality standards of data integrity are in place; provides monthly data integrity reports to senior managers in each program delivery site
- Provides first level technical support to the program sites; tracking relevant system issues and required actions/follow-ups
- Coordinates both online and in-person ETO software training with CSS program staff /managers as required/ iCARE upload training; provides expert advice and support to all sites; ensuring updates are made to ETO User’s Manual and FAQs
- Participates in advanced ETO software training and workshops; liaises with YMCA IT support team as required
- Effectively trouble-shoots and problem-solves issues as they arise and keeps the CSS Manager informed
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree preferred or completion of Community College Diploma in Information Technology, Research, Statistics, Community Development or related field
- Minimum two - three years of related work experience
- Solid experience and understanding of data systems and reporting application software
- Demonstrated knowledge with evaluation/research design, data collection and both qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of webi, API, SQL would be considered an asset
- Must possess advanced computer skills (Excel & Access)
- Experience with webinar/tele-conferencing tools, html and other web-based applications
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency, ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, implement action plans and monitor progress
- Able to facilitate groups and function in a diverse team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to respecting diversity and demonstrating inclusive behaviour, responding with sensitivity and self-awareness to the unique needs of colleagues and members, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association
- The position requires the following Core Association Competencies: advanced competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; Ethics and Self-management; Being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion; fundamental competence in: Being Member Focused and Relationship Building and Partnering
Reports to: Manager - Client Support Services Program
Location: Due to Covid-19, this is currently a remote work position, eventually transitioning to working at 2200 Yonge Street YMCA, Toronto
How to apply:
Please send résumé and cover letter quoting job posting # 0367 by Thursday, April 8, 2021 to:
Client Support Services Manager
2200 Yonge Street Unit 300
Toronto, ON M4S 2C6
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.