6750 Wilson Churchill Blvd, Mississauga and 10 Gillingham Drive, Brampton
Greater Toronto Area
Friday, May 27, 2022 - 11:30pm
This is a full-time non-Union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Conducts employer outreach and markets COSTI Employment Services Employer Services and Canada Ontario Jobs Grant (COJG).
- Researches prospective employers who are hiring or looking to train employees.
- Develops and maintains employer relationships with a broad sector of businesses to meet COJG targets and support Employment Services goals.
- Supports employers with identifying their employment and training needs to secure COJG applications with new hires and existing employees.
- Assists employers with COJG Employer Application Form completion.
- Processes COJG Employer Applications, reviews employer eligibility, utilizes COJG assessment tool to determine employer application suitability.
- Ensures all ministry eligibility, forms and documentation requirements are met and entered in ministry’s CaMS database; visits COJG Training sites.
- Follows-up with employers to obtain proof of payment/pay stubs in a timely manner.
- Prepares claims and submits to manager ensuring that all documentation is in place for processing by the finance department; reconciles claims with budget allocations for each application/placement to ensure accuracy.
- Builds and maintains COSTI’s online Employer Database, registers employers and supports employers posting positions on the Employer Database
- Utilizes telephone contacts, conferences, networking events, site visits and other methods to understand short term and long-term labour market and business trends to respond to employers’ hiring and training needs.
- Represents COSTI Employment Services at Brampton and Mississauga Employer Services Network, Peel Halton Workforce Development Group, Boards of Trade meetings, etc.
- Participates in seminars, job fairs and conferences to network with employers and create connections.
- Organizes virtual and onsite job fairs with employers
- Collaborates and communicates with Employment Consultants to enhance their understanding of employer/labour market information and needs
- Acts as a resource to staff on the functionality/use of COSTI’s Employer Database.
- Prepares weekly/monthly statistical and narrative progress reports about employer employer contacts, placements and Employer Database updates; takes lead role with preparing quarterly reports and business plans for the COJG program as required by its government funder.
- Works in collaboration with COSTI’s Marketing Department to create effective program marketing campaigns, including web content, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College diploma in Marketing, Business or related profession or Career and Work diploma or equivalent with relevant job development experience.
- Must have nine (9) months full time experience working with employers and placing clients, and meeting performance targets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), MS Teams applications. Must also possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems, databases and technologies.
- Verbal and written fluency in English. The ability to speak another language is an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario labour market trends and education and training programs.
- Experience working with internationally trained professionals and diverse populations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written English communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with exacting standards of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle for work-related travel within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference 123-22, to: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=123-22
How to apply: