Mennonite New Life Centre
Canada Summer Jobs
Job Posting: Communications Specialist
Hours: 15 hours per week
Duration: 270 hours
Remuneration: $14.25 per hour
Number of Positions: 1
About the Organization
The Mennonite New Life Centre is a not-for-profit organization that provides services to those new to Canada including youth and seniors and provides much-needed mental health supports to newcomer families. Community engagement and newcomer engagement are vital, and to ensure that the Centre provides the best services.
The communications specialist must effectively promote the programs and services the Centre provides. The promotion would occur either on social media platforms or based upon the promotional materials that the specialist would create. These promotions would be vital for the initial interaction between the clients and the Centre, to gather their attention and to lead potential clients towards the Centre. If the communications specialist is unable to provide adequate support to the communications team and the organization, then the initial client interaction will not be as successful and the Centre's ability to engage with newcomers and community members will be diminished.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program and only eligible applicants will be able to apply. Eligibility requirements include the following:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration; and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and;
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Provide support to the communications managers via use of the Centre’s social media platforms such as the organization's Facebook page, Twitter feeds, Instagram profile, and LinkedIn profile;
• Develop, implement, and evaluate the communication strategies and programs that will be in use to inform internal and external stakeholders such as clients, employees, government funders, and the general public of the services and achievements of the Centre;
• Gather information in relation to the organization's outreach activities from across the programs and will aid in creating the monthly newsletter;
• Prepare and deliver informational materials that will be provided to increase awareness of the Centre's services and programs to clients interested. These informational materials include brochures, pamphlets and information sheets that describe the Centre's activities and accomplishments;
• Initiate and maintain contact with interested parties on the social media platforms;
• Due to COVID-19, the communications specialist will provide most responsibilities remotely from home. In the event whereby the communications specialist will be required to enter the office, they will follow the COVID-19 response plan, and the other resources posted on the company's intranet to ensure the safety of the communications specialist.
The Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto welcomes the opportunity to discuss accommodation and ensure fairness in our hiring process. Please let us know if you need specific arrangements. We also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com