Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
The Community Engagement Assistant – Social Media is engaged in all aspects of the organization’s communications (marketing, publicity and outreach) & development efforts with an expertise on social media content development. They will be responsible for the coordination of all communications and in developing and implementing creative and fresh ideas that will move the brand and organization forward, ensuring visibility and a positive community reputation for the organization.
- Research, analyse, develop and implement communications and marketing strategies for the organization and individual programs
- In conjunction with the Manager, Strategic Development, execute the annual communications work plan supporting both organizational and departmental priorities and initiatives
- Design, create and oversee the production of electronic communications, publications, and marketing materials for the organization’s programs and services; including newsletters, advertisements, fundraising and other promotional materials
- Manage and update the organization’s website and social media platforms and resource links
- Review all communications materials produced to ensure items are consistent with the organization’s standards, mission and vision and support the organization’s brand in all aspects including monitoring of logo, messaging and other key elements
- Write, design, prepare, and distribute event materials including newsletter articles, fact sheets, news releases, and media advisories etc.
- Develop and maintain internal communications templates and tools
- Track all communications and marketing expenses to approved budget
- Utilize appropriate social media platforms/strategies to enhance the organization’s communications with its stakeholders and the public
- Ensure that all relevant funder requirements and organizational approval protocols are adhered to
- Provide administrative support and assist in the development and implementation of special projects
- Maintain and update the internal and external Indus Calendar of Events
- Maintain and grow the organization’s communications database - community and networking partners, donors etc.
- Provide communications support & photography for the organization’s events
- Maintain and update the company-wide image library, ensuring that the latest images are uploaded and available
- Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Marketing & Communications, Public Relations or equivalent with relevant work experience
- Minimum of two years related communications and marketing experience in a non-profit environment
- Knowledge of project management, strategic communications planning, fundraising principles, and targeted message development
- Demonstrated ability in using MS Office programs at an advanced level including Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products (InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, Acrobat etc.), scanning software, CMS, and working knowledge of basic web design and tools; Experience with WordPress and advanced user with existing and emerging new social media tools
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner
- An excellent writer, with superior proofreading and editing skills
- Detail oriented, extremely well organized, multitasking and project management skills, detail oriented, demonstrated ability to prioritize and resolve conflicting demands and deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- Well-developed relationship building skills and the ability to establish rapport
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities to research and present information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly confidential environment with constant communications between the leadership team, and to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Outgoing, adaptable, self-motivated, and a strategic thinker with fresh ideas and an enthusiastic approach to their work
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any Indus work-site
- Travel within Peel and the GTA required. Access to a car is mandatory
- A Police Vulnerable Sector Check will be required
Status: 35 hours per week (short—term contract until March 31, 2020, with the possibility of an extension)
Compensation: $21.00 per hour
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically by 12:00 p.m. December 13th, 2019 to:
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “Community Engagement Assistant – Social Media” - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve.
Indus Community Services is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries please.