The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) has another new opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join our professional staff and work on cutting-edge issues impacting Canadian Muslim communities.
NCCM is currently hiring for a Toronto-based Community Engagement Officer on a 6-month contract with the potential of extension.
At the centre of our vibrant and dynamic communities, NCCM is a national, independent, non-partisan and non-profit advocacy organization at the forefront of defending, promoting and protecting the fundamental rights and public interests of Canadian Muslims.
- Under the direct supervision of the Manager (Development & Community Engagement) the Community Engagement Officer is primarily responsible for the execution of signing up supporters to NCCM through community engagement at mosques, events, and other relevant spaces. The Community Engagement Officer is expected to be an ambassador for NCCM and therefore to coordinate local engagement with public advocacy efforts.
- At minimum two years of post-secondary education; university degree preferred
- Team player
- 1-3 years of retail/sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, mobile POS and Internet)
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Solid understanding of the NCCM’s mission and mandate
- Ability to work under tight timelines in an efficient and focused manner.
- Good presentation, interpersonal and organizing skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
- Criminal check may be required
Start date: Immediate
Expected hours of work: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience & qualifications
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line: Community Engagement Officer to:
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted.