Position: Computer Skills Facilitator
Location: 3225 Eglinton Ave. E., Scarborough, ON, M1J 2H7
Terms: Tuesday or Wednesday, 2:30pm-3:30pm
Minimum commitment of 3 months
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Be a part of Polycultural Immigrant and Community services! Founded in 1993, Polycultural is dedicated to hosting an open and inclusive environment for all. We are a multicultural melting-pot perfectly reflecting Canada’s diversity. We are like a family, have a culture filled with care and genuine connection with a very inclusive environment for all. With a diverse range of programs and services, we help individuals and families build a brighter future in Canada. Serving clients from over eight different locations across the GTA and Orangeville in more than 20 languages.
To deliver computer skills classes to adults and seniors. Facilitate the development of basic skills in email, MS Office applications, keyboarding and social media.
• Learn and understand the agency's mission and objective, and carry out volunteer work according to the agency program expectations
• Plan computer classes, select, and develop materials to provide effective instruction
• Specify learning outcomes expected by the end of each instructional session
• Adapt classes to the skill level of the participants
• Ensure the proper use of computer equipment at all times
• Be aware of cultural differences and ensure that the rights of all are respected
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Ability to plan and facilitate the instruction of basic computer courses
• Effective communication within a team environment
• Ability to be creative and flexible in planning
• Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs and issues facing newcomers
• Punctual and responsible
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Polycultural reserves the right to post internally and externally.
In support of persons with disabilities, Polycultural asks job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, to please advise Human Resources, if contacted for an interview/testing, so that suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards). If you require assistance in sending your resume due to a disability, please contact Human Resources directly.