Conference / Event Planner
Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Are you a detail-oriented individual who loves to help plan and organize conferences and events in the non-profit sector? Come work with us to plan and implement the annual OCASI conference for the Ontario immigrant and refugee-serving sector. This will be a multi-day, hybrid event for 200+ people, with the in-person component to be hosted in Toronto.
● Coordinate and execute all aspects of the Conference including pre and post-event planning, activities and reports
● Collaborate with the Conference Advisory Committee, OCASI employees, and external event consultant (registration, logistics)
● Select, confirm and manage concurrent session and plenary speakers, vendors/exhibitors and suppliers
● Monitor and manage the event budget, collect fees and payments
● Manage all internal and external communications
● Manage event promotion including event website, event notices and social media promotion
● Manage the onsite event, including logistics, venue, IT, A/V and food & beverage
● Prepare all event materials including event program, signage, registration, post-conference reports, post-conference website and archive of recorded presentations and materials
● Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree in event planning or hospitality service or an equivalent acceptable combination of education and work experience working in the non-profit sector
● 3 years of experience as an event planner for more than 100 participants; or in a similar role as a coordinator working in a non-profit or community-based sector.
● Experience in budget management, writing reports and delivering a project to completion and on time
● Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in English; ability to communicate in French is an asset
● Excellent time management skills
● Demonstrated customer service / public relations ability
● Proficiency in MS Office is required; experience in virtual meeting platforms and social media is an asset
● Ability problem-solve, and work independently and collaboratively with a fully remote staff team
● Excellent organizational skills, including planning, multitasking, time management, and attention to detail
● Knowledge of immigrant and refugee service organizations, especially in Ontario, is an asset
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
● This is a full-time position
● Salary is $51,220 plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87M
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Event Planner by March 3, 2023 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCASI is committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.